Your home here in Hills District consists of a very complex plumbing plumbing system that includes water pipes, drains, and sewer line where your water waste goes. Over time, your drains will get dirty and develop foul odour. In addition to this, not maintaining your drains properly will lead to blocked drains.
Your plumbing system is an important part of your home, which is why ensuring that they continue to function properly is equally important. Most people will not pay much attention to their drains until a problem arises. If you are one of these people and you are experiencing blocked and smelly drains, here are some tips that you could follow to solve the problem.
There are various products that you can use to unclog your drain. You may choose between natural drain cleaners or chemical products. However, it is advised that you try some of the home remedies before the chemical products.
Here is a home remedy that you can try:
- Pour 1 cup of baking soda down your blocked drain.
- Boil 2 cups of water, pour it down the drain and give it some time. The boiling water and baking soda will have a chemical reaction that will clear the waste stuck on the walls of your pipe interior.
- Pour one more cup of baking soda immediately followed by one cup of plain white vinegar.
- Plug the drain.
- If you notice bubbles, it is a good sign.
- Wait for the bubbles to disappear.
- Finish by pouring another 2 cups of boiling water down the drain.
The method mentioned above is not reserved for when you are experiencing blocked drains. You can perform this treatment once every 1 or 2 months to ensure that your drains continue to function effectively.
Foul odour is caused by the build-up of bacteria inside your blocked drain. By ensuring that your drain is free from clogs, whether it is with a home remedy of chemical product, you can get rid of the foul odour at the same time.
It is important to remember that you can prevent any plumbing issue by having regular inspection and proper maintenance of your plumbing system. It is advised that you reach out to a professional plumber. Your local plumbers from Hills District Plumbers have the expertise and tools necessary to ensure that your plumbing system is in good condition and continues to function properly.