No matter how great your property is in the Hills District, you’re bound to face a serial of housing problems along the years. Plumbing problems are probably the common nuisance that can be found regularly inside your property. There are a number of different types of plumbing problems that can occur inside your property. Blocked drains are one of the most common plumbing problems that infects a lot of property in Hills District, even some people might be unaware of it ever occurring inside their plumbing system. Blocked drains occur when a foreign object enters the drain. These foreign objects can be in various forms, including hair, sanitary products, toiletries, etc. These foreign objects do not belong inside the drain and causes blockage inside these channels.
Hills District is situated in the Greater North Western Sydney Area. It is a local government Area, where a lot of its people are busy with their own, not so flexible schedule. In an area with high activity rate and busy people, it’s hard for people to fit any additional, unnecessary problems into their schedule, especially blocked drains. In truth however, blocked drain is a very serious plumbing problem that should be handled immediately without delay. Blocked drains can escalate from a simple problem, such as water not coming out of your taps, to full-on pipe bursts. Once you notice the problem, you should immediately call your local plumbers to fix the problem immediately.
Many people are unaware of the common causes of blocked drains. Blocked drains can be caused by many things. Being aware of the common culprits behind blocked drains is the first step to preventing it from ever happening. Below we list down the common causes of blocked drains:
- Leaves and Twigs: The dangers of the outside world apply to your pipes too. Leaves and twigs might seem harmless at first, but the accumulation of these things can certainly cause problems inside your drains. Dead leaves and twigs can land on your outdoor pipes and pile up inside of it. Especially, when Fall or Autumn is around the corner, you can expect to find a lot of dead leaves and twigs inside your pipes.
What you can do:
- Regularly sweep your garden or backyard to avoid leaves from falling into your outdoor drains.
- Make sure to check your outdoor drains for any leaves or twigs. If you do find any of them, make sure to take it out of your drains and clean your drains immediately, before any problems occur.
2. Toiletries: You will be surprised of how often sanitary products can get stuck inside the drains. Napkins, baby wipes, and tampons are the most common sanitary products that you can often find stuck inside your pipes. However, there has been cases, where you can find surprising toiletries, such as toothbrushes, or even razor blades. Sanitary products like tampons, can grow in size when absorbing water inside the drain and eventually stop
What you can do:
- Prevent these objects from entering the drain. Keep them away from the drain, where it can’t reach the drain, even by accident.
- Dispose sanitary products, such as napkins, baby wipes, and tampons in the bin, where it belongs.
3. Hair: Hair is another item that can be normally found inside of a drain. Whether it is from shaving or losing hair, an accumulation of hair can cause a blockage inside of the drains.
What you can do:
- Shave your hair somewhere, where it won’t reach the drain.
- Putting a drain guard inside of your drains.
Being aware of the things that might cause your blocked drains is the first step to avoiding them. However, once you are dealt with a blocked drain situation, it is best to immediately pick up your phone and call your local plumbers in Hills District to give you the solutions for your blocked drains.