Many people take their home plumbing system for granted. They rely on their plumbing system to provide them with clean water, yet they neglect to maintain it properly until a problem arises.
Below are some of the plumbing issues that could catch you by surprise.
- Dripping faucets: A dripping faucet is a common problem. It is normal for a few drops of water to come out of your faucet after you just used it, but if it continuously drips, no matter how slow, it will waste a lot of water and increase your water bill.
- Leaking water pipe: A leaking water pipe is common during the winter when you are faced with frozen pipes. Leaking pipes will cause dampness in its surrounding areas, which can damage your furniture and appliances.
- Faulty water heater: You will not notice a problem with your water heater until you step into the shower and all you have is cold water. Different factors can lead to a faulty water heater. You could have a sediment build-up in the tank, the pilot light went out, or the thermostat is problematic. In order to know for sure why your water heater is failing, reach out to your local plumbers in Hills District.
- Low water pressure: Low water pressure will make it difficult for you to complete your daily chores. It is common for houses that are older to have low water pressure because their pipes are worn out or corroded.
- Slow drains: Slow drains are caused by blockages. There are various items that can clog your drains, and if it is not handled immediately, it can get worse over time.
To ensure that plumbing issues will not arise out of the blue, make sure you reach out to your local plumbers in Hills District to help you with regular inspections and maintenance practices.